Jan 5, 2008

Chinglish

I noticed that engrish.com has a Chinglish section now. For those who don’t know these are English translations in non-English speaking countries and Chinglish is specifically for the ones in China. I thought I’d share some with you. I will try my best to provide you with the correct translation for each.


For each plastic bag wasted, please pay two dollars.


Please ask for assistance.


To keep the restroom clean, please put trash in the trash can.


(This one is actually from Japan but it’s a classic.)


Temporary parking for unloading.


Handicapped.


Main entrance. (No sure how that came about.)


(No idea about this one.)


No cycling or skating. No soccer.


Eight Treasures.


(I guess at least it’s short and to the point.)


Self serving terminal.


(Really “Thunder” will be a good enough translation for this firework.)


Warm milk. (In Chinese the word for “Milk” and “Breast” is the same.)


Automatic flush.


Do not feed the fish with your own food.

Original post>>>

5 comments:

Alby said...

For the "ho-entrance" one. Base on the Chinese part, I believe they are trying to say Head-Office(HO) Entrance. LOL

Anonymous said...

oh its great! im studying languages, so i love the mistakes that we can make trying to translate as literally as possible.. its absolutely fantastic

Anonymous said...

Great signs. Thx!

Unknown said...

I just had a great laugh. Thanks for sharing.

avaiz ali said...

http://elt-panel.blogspot.com/
http://danistudyliterature.blogspot.com/
http://pmsforum.blogspot.com/

Google